Monday 3 March 2014

Copy and Emulation


Lucy Cousins- Maisy Illustration 








 Below I have done copy of Lucy cousins Illustration 
Above is my Emulation of Lucy cousins Illustrations. I have used a think black permanent marker to draw out the picture (same as the copy) and i then scanned it into photoshop adding colour. Looking at Lucy cousins work she only seems to use a very simple colour palette which I have done as well. This works really well with children's books because colourful and simplicity is what a child is drawn to. This is defiantly a stele i would consider using for my book cover.

Simon James Illustration 

 Above is my copy of Simon James's Illustration. It has been done using water colour and pen to create a very hand drawn effect.
Above is my emulation. In this picture i have included things that are the same subject matter as the book i am doing as my own cover design. I have again used water colours and pen. 

No comments :

Post a Comment