Monday 7 April 2014

Work in progress







Above and below I have began to develop the spine and back page of the book cover. I wanted to link the back cover with the front cover as much as possible but using the same colour scheme, graphics, and the same style of illustration. I wanted to make sure that alignments were used to bring everything together in a professional way. For the front cover I decided to use the hierarchy and contrast in size of the imagery to create the eye catching effect that will catch a child's attention.





Here I have began to place my hand drawn images into little scenes in the corners of the cover. I have used the blue and green cover to give the effect of the sky and the grass and the keep a similar colour scheme. I played around and experimented placing the drawing in different places until I came up with this. Placing things behind and in front of other things to create a hierarchy. I then have slowly used the time to develop the cover to how I want it using my drafts and still looking at examples of other people's work for small ideas to ass on. I used the idea of adding a bow because i needed something to link the back and the front cover together when the book was closed other than the same colour scheme and alignments with the front cover.

No comments :

Post a Comment